This is one of the most important and concentrated positions in healthcare, encompassing many different roles and responsibilities within a hospital or clinic setting.
Discover how the IHP program can help you become a Patient Access Specialist.
- Patient Access Specialist Salary:
$24,960 - $52,000 - median is $33,500
- Primary Responsibilities:
You’ll work to respond to and document patient requests, research insurance benefits, and screen patients for assistance and co-pay programs. You may be at the front desk of a clinical office.
- Future Career Paths:
- Certified Medication Aide (CMA)
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Records
PCC IHP Program At A Glance
- Program Cost: $1,647
- Program Length: Can be completed in 2 terms
- Must take IHP Medical Terminology course
- No application required
- Visit the PCC IHP course page for more
Popular Patient Access Articles
- Exploring a Day in the Life of a Patient Access Specialist
- 5 Questions Answered about Becoming a Patient Access Specialist
- Top Characteristics Needed to be a Happy, Successful Patient Access Specialist
Ready to Enroll?
- Create an account if you are not a PCC student.
- View the current schedule of classes and write down the CRN of the course you wish to register for.
- Register for your course online using MyPCC by entering the CRN number under "My Courses". You will need to login with the username and password provided when you created your account.