Research demonstrates how your Enteric Nervous System, known as the “Gut-Brain Axis,” is essential for overall health. Healthy digestion is closely interrelated with mental and physical well being.
Learn about the role that nutritional wellness plays in physical, mental and behavioral health. At the Institute for Health Professionals, we’ll teach you about the latest research and practice of holistic nutrition, and how your patients can benefit.
What to Expect
This is a 1 day, 6 hour classroom course, co-taught by a licensed counselor and a certified holistic nutritionist at the Institute for Health Professionals. You will gain 6 CEU credits upon completion of this course.
This course qualifies for Level II CEUs for National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP), as well as the following boards:
- Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists
- Oregon Board of Massage Therapists
- Oregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
We’ll give you the tools you need to guide clients through this holistic process to well being. Integrate multisensory input through somatic and cognitive exercises, and imprint the internal conversation to reinforce positive change.
You will learn to:
- Define and differentiate the Enteric Nervous System, the autonomic nervous system, and the somatic nervous system
- Understand the role of the Enteric Nervous System as it relates to body and brain health
- Recognize internal cues between body and brain
- Apply techniques to regulate the autonomic nervous system
- Learn somatic and cognitive exercises
- Demonstrate how to integrate nutrition into the conversation of mental health
Meet Your Instructor
Holly Shumway, M.A., NCC, LPC Holly is an Integrative therapist, focusing on the challenges associated with anxiety, depression, grief and loss, self esteem and relationship issues. A graduate of Lewis and Clark University, she combines multiple theoretical orientations to help clients achieve optimal wellness and fully integrate the pieces of their life story.
Is this class for me?
This class is best suited for those who:
- Are interested in learning ways to improve health through digestion and holistic processes
- Work in healthcare
- Provide mental health treatment
Time: This is an 1 day, 6-hour classroom course.
Contact us for upcoming courses.
For more information, please email Amy Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org or 971-722-6672.