Work smarter and grow your retail business.
Opening a second location? Increasing online store sales? Cultivating a loyal customer base?
By the end of the program, graduates typically have:
- Increased sales and profitability
- Improved inventory management & accounting systems
- Learned the latest in social media marketing techniques
- Implemented a marketing strategy and calendar to reach out to new customers and increase repeat business
- A capital access strategy to meet growth goals
- Learned how to attract and manage employees
What to Expect
This 10 month, 10-session program meets for 3 hours once per month, and offers up to 20 hours of one-on-one advising for the duration of the course.
- Group learning and networking to discuss challenges, exchange resources, and find solutions with peers.
- 30 hours of business education specifically designed for retail business owners taught by subject matter experts and successful local retailers. Complete the form on this page to get a detailed course outline.
- Session 1: A Strong Brand Attracts Customers & Repeat Business
- Session 2: Analyzing Profitability
- Session 3: Online Marketing to Your Target Customers
- Session: 4: Online Sales & Service
- Session 5: Inventory Management
- Session 6: Leading Employees
- Session 7: Let’s Get Visual
- Session 8: Location, Leases, Expansion & Collaboration
- Session 9: Creating a buzz with locals & tourists
- Session 10: Creating Loyal Customers
- Up-to 20 hours of one-on-one advising in confidential monthly meetings.
- Complimentary access to “Before You Go Global,” an online course to help you start selling your products in global markets.
- Access to specialty business advisors with a wide range of expertise.
- Access to market research resources such as Southern Oregon University Market Research Institute, SBDCNet, Reference USA, MarketLink, and Euromonitor.