Perhaps you are retired or you have been laid off, and you're looking for some extra income, or something to keep you busy.
Encore Entrepreneurship is on the rise for people like you. Never before has it been easier for 50+ individuals to monetize their knowledge, skills, and experience.
Oregon Small Business Development Center and Portland Community College present ENCORE Business Builders to help you turn your experience into a rewarding small business.
What to Expect
Each week we'll bring in subject-matter experts to teach on important areas. Sessions meet weekly for 10 weeks and are 3 hours long.
In this 10-week program, you will:
- Learn how to develop a business model able to innovate and adapt during changing economic conditions
- Network with other small business owners and learn solutions to navigating these times
- Hear from experts to ensure your company is compliant
- Ensure consideration of safety measures for your staff, customers and community are in place
- Gain clarity about your business within current market conditions
- Learn how to work on your business in an efficient manner
- Work and plan one-on-one with a business advisor
- Learn from subject-matter experts
Meet Your Instructor: Kim Allchurch Flick
Kim Allchurch-Flick began her work with the PCC Small Business Develop Center in January 2019. She is the cohort lead for the Encore & Solo Business Builders Program.
Kim, what first brought you to the PCC SBDC?
Sr. Advisor at the PCC SBDC, Jackie B. Peterson! She is such a profound influence, I’ve taken her courses and read her book, it’s dog eared in my office as a consistent reference. I have a very long passion for entrepreneurs, particularly solo and Encore entrepreneurs because I am one and through the years I’ve seen that people have incredible resilience and ability to adapt and create, they just need some support along the way. I am a connector, collaborator and catalyst, and a very supportive advocate. [READ MORE]
For a detailed course outline, complete the form on this page.