Start and manage business with confidence. NEW Program STARTS January 9, 2019
Are you second guessing your business decisions? Do you feel overwhelmed AND excited about your new business at the same time?
Small Business Builders gives you the training and support you need to strengthen your new business for growth in the first, second and third year of business -- providing knowledge that will save you years of frustration and experimentation.
Through the 10 week program, you will:
- Learn how to manage your business more effectively and improve your business’s profitability
- Network with small business owners
- Gain clarity in your business
- Dedicate time to work on your business
- Work one-on-one with a business advisor
- Learn from subject-matter expert
What to Expect
Each week we'll bring in subject-matter experts to teach on important areas. Sessions meet weekly for 10 weeks and are 3 hours long. Small Business Builders is more than just a class. It includes:
- Group learning and networking to discuss challenges, exchange resources, and find solutions with peers.
- 30 hours of classroom business education with 10 weekly, 3-hour sessions taught by subject-matter experts. Complete the form on this page to get a detailed course outline.
- Working ON vs. Working IN the Business
- Plot Your Company’s Business Model
- Financial Planning for Entrepreneurs
- Basics of Marketing and Branding - and Why You Need Them
- How to Make More Sales
- Pricing, Customer Service, and Collections
- Out of the Shoebox - Organizing Your Business Systems
- Setting Up and Operating Your Financial Systems
- Identify and Plan for Key Legal Details of Your Business
- Managing Your Time for Your Business and Yourself
- Up to 5 hours of one-on-one advising during the 10 month period following Small Business Builders.
- Complimentary access to “Before You Go Global,” an online course to help you start selling your products in global markets.
- Access to specialty business advisors with a wide range of expertise.
- Access to market research resources such as Southern Oregon University Market Research Institute, SBDCNet, Reference USA, MarketLink, and Euromonitor.
What Our Clients Say
Join over 240 business owners who have completed this program since 2006.
“I went into Small Business [Builders] not knowing what my business should look like. It showed me the avenue for success and avenues I wouldn’t have considered. It certainly helped me build a strong foundation. I probably wouldn’t have lasted the recession without my advisor from the program.”
- Amy McAuley, Founder & Owner of Oculus Fine Carpentry
- 30 hours in class, divided into 10 weekly, 3-hour sessions.
- Plus, Up to 5 hours of one-on-one advising during the 10 month period following Small Business Builders.
- Tuition is $799.
- Tuition can be paid in 5, monthly payments of $160.
- An additional person from your business can take the course for 1/2 price, $400.
- Invaluable advice from industry experts that will save you years of frustration
- Support from a network of peers and mentors
- Confidence to make the right decisions for your new business
Enroll in Small Business Builders
Upcoming course launch:
- January 9, 2019 at PCC CLIMB Center in SE Portland, 9:00 a.m. to noon | ENROLL NOW
Please note to complete your enrollment in Small Business Builders, you will need to register through Portland Community College.