Create a restaurant that can thrive in the highly competitive restaurant industry.
Learn how to find the right location, equipment, employees, and inventory to keep your business competitive and your customers coming in and coming back. Build a network that will provide resources and advice on how to reach your goals, assist you with an action plan, and help you hold yourself accountable with Restaurant Business Builders.
What to Expect
Restaurant Business Builders is a 10 week program, meeting once per week for a 3 hour session.
- Group learning and networking to discuss challenges, exchange resources, and find solutions with peers.
- 30 hours of business education specifically designed for new restaurant owners taught by subject matter experts and successful local restaurateurs. (Complete the form on this page to get a detailed course outline.)
- Your Concept & the Money to Do It
- Designing Your Restaurant & Kitchen
- Finding & Leasing a Location
- Stocking Your Restaurant
- Regulations and Reviews
- Long Term Sustainability
- Managing Your Money
- Tracking Your Success
- Attracting & Managing Employees
- Branding & Marketing Your Restaurant
- Up-to 5 hours of one-on-one advising in confidential meetings.
- Complimentary access to “Before You Go Global,” an online course to help you start selling your products in global markets.
- Access to specialty business advisors with a wide range of expertise.
- Access to market research resources such as Southern Oregon University Market Research Institute, SBDCNet, Reference USA, MarketLink, and Euromonitor.
Learn from restaurant owners and founders.
Each session was developed by experienced restaurant owners and industry experts. You will learn best practices right from the start.
Restaurant owner guest speakers:
- Cory Schreiber, Chef, Author, and Founder of Wildwood Restaurant
- Michelle Cairo, Co-Owner of Olympia Provisions
- Jared Goodman, Chet & Owner of Morgan Street Theatre and Resident Culinary Artist at the Portland Art Museum
- Lisa Schroeder, chef and owner of Mother's Bistro
Industry expert guest speakers:
- Levi Johnston, Attorney and Partner at Intelekia Law Group
- Shannon Fost, Multnomah County Health Inspector
- John Holtrop, FOG (Fats, Oils, and Grease) Team
- 30 hours in class, divided into 10 weekly, 3-hour sessions.
- Plus, Up to 5 hours of one-on-one advising during the 10 month period following Restaurant Business Builders.
- Tuition is $799.
- Tuition can be paid in 5, monthly payments of $160.
- An additional person from your business can take the course for 1/2 price, $400.
- Invaluable advice from industry experts that will save you years of frustration
- Support from a network of peers and mentors
- A more profitable, sustainable restaurant
How to Enroll in Restaurant Business Builders
Upcoming Program Launch: SEPTEMBER 26, 2018 | REGISTER NOW
Please note: to complete your enrollment, you will need to register through Portland Community College.