Portland Community College is approved by the state of Oregon's Real Estate Agency (OREA) to provide Real Estate Broker pre-license and Property Manager pre-license courses.
Real Estate Broker License Test Prep Course
What to expect:
- The non-credit course covers seven topics as required by the state of Oregon for a total of 150 hours.
- Real Estate Law - 30 hours
- Real Estate Finance - 30 hours
- Oregon Real Estate Practices - 30 hours
- Contracts - 15 hours
- Agency - 15 hours
- Real Estate Brokerage - 20 hours
- Property Management - 10 hours
- A state-licensed, experienced instructor will guide you through the course and monitor your performance.
- The course is offered fully online. The online format requires on average 15 hours per week. It consists of readings, quizzes, and final assessments. There is no set time to be online for class. You choose when you want to be online, allowing you to work around your schedule.
- Cost: $720 [Tuition $600 + $20 Distance Learning Fee + $100 Textbook]
- A digital textbook is included in the cost.
- Once you successfully complete this course, you are eligible to sit for the examination administered by the State of Oregon, which you must pass in order to be licensed. The Oregon Real Estate Agency requires you to submit an application and fee. For more information, please visit their website.
Real Estate Property Management Course
What to expect:
- A 10 week, online, non-credit course, totaling 60 hours of education.
- A state-licensed, experienced instructor who will actively guide you through the course.
- Plan to spend at least 6 hours a week on coursework.
Title: Property Management, Ninth Edition
Author: Robert C Kyle, Floyd M Baird
Publisher: Real Estate Education Company
An earlier edition or E-book is acceptable. You can order this textbook using Amazon or another online bookstore. There are options to purchase new, used or rent. Please note the 8th edition is acceptable. PCC Bookstore will not have this book available for purchase.
Once you successfully complete this course, you are eligible to sit for the examination administered by the State of Oregon, which you must pass in order to be licensed. The Oregon Real Estate Agency requires you to submit an application and fee. For more information, please visit their website.
Upcoming Course Dates
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any pre-requisites for Broker Pre-License Education or Property Manager Pre-License Education?
- No, there are no pre-requisites.
- What qualifications do I need for for Broker Pre-License Education or Property Manager Pre-License Education?
- None. Neither programs requires qualifications to enroll.
- Is the class offered in person or online?
- Both Broker Pre-License Education and Property Manager Pre-License Education are offered online.
- Who is the instructor?
- The instructors are both Portland Community College Faculty and practitioners in the field.
- Can I get financial aid?
- No, non-credit, continuing education courses are not eligible for financial aid.
- Is this a non-credit class?
- Yes, the Broker Pre-License Education or Property Manager Pre-License Education courses are non-credit.
- How do I get my Oregon Real Estate License?
- Please see this resource page for more information.
- What are the steps to obtaining a real estate broker license?
- Click here to learn the steps to obtaining a real estate broker license.
- What are the steps to obtaining a property manager license?
- Click here to learn the steps to obtaining a property manager license.
Please note: As of Fall 2016, the Real Estate courses at PCC are transitioning from for-credit classes to non-credit courses provided through PCC CLIMB Center. For questions regarding this program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 971-722-6686.