ENCORE Business Builders is more than just a class.
- 30 hours of classroom business education with 10 weekly, 3-hour sessions taught by subject-matter experts.
- Up to 5 hours of one-on-one advising during the program and the 10 month period following ENCORE Business Builders.
- Cohort learning and networking to discuss challenges, exchange resources, and find solutions with peers.
- Access to 25+ veteran business advisors with a wide range of backgrounds and expertise including business strategy, search engine optimization, QuickBooks, and financing.
- Access to market research resources such as Southern Oregon University Market Research Institute, SBDCNet, Reference USA, MarketLink, and Euromonitor.
Who Should Enroll?
This program may be for you if you are:
- 50+ and seeking to create a flow of income by monetizing your knowledge, skills, and expertise.
- Retired, laid off, or downsized, and looking to supplement your retirement or support yourself.
- Seeking a job and are really discouraged. Self employment can be the answer.
What Our Clients Say
“These services have brought clarity to the whole process of launching my own business in a more profitable direction. I appreciate the passion that the people in this program have shown to make sure that we can all succeed. I always felt the support of the SBDC advisors as well as my peers.” - Diana Zapata, Zapata Design
"Considering the ENCORE & Solo Business Builders course through SBDC/PCC? It was a great investment in my new business because:
1) It kept me from making financial and time wasting mistakes (that alone paid for the course)
2) It gave me a road map to follow and to which I can refer back
3) It gave me structure and weekly accountability
4) I have classmates who are like minded entrepreneurs who share my process and provide feedback
5) It gave me weekly support and ongoing access to the Advisor and other resources
6) It expanded my business and personal network
7) It was a lot of fun and practical knowledge
8) And, it’s tax deductible
9) SO, WHY NOT?"
- Anne Hudson, The Sourceress
- 30 hours of education divided into 10 weekly, 3 hour sessions
- Up to 5 hours of one-on-one advising during the program and the 10 month period following ENCORE Business Builders
- Expect to spend time outside of the classroom and your advising sessions to work on different aspects of your business
- Tuition for the ENCORE Business Builders program is $799
- A second person from your business can attend for $400
- Payment plans are available through PCC
- Invaluable advice from industry experts that will save you years of frustration
- Support from a network of peers and mentors
- Confidence to make the right decisions for your new business
Meet Your Cohort Lead
Jackie B. Peterson is a teacher, consultant, business coach and former CPA with over 35 years of business experience. She has taught numerous business seminars, classes and workshops for clients, Portland Community College, the SBDC, as well as Pike Place Market and Oregon Coast Counsel for the Arts to name a few. Jackie’s most recent endeavor is the book Better, Smarter, Richer, 7 Business Principles for Encore, Creative and Solo Entrepreneurs which focuses on the needs of solopreneurs—the fastest growing business model for the 21st Century. Over the years, Jackie has worked with hundreds of small businesses and always encourages them to raise their prices, charge what they are worth and be able to immediately articulate their value proposition. Jackie holds a BA in Economics and a Masters in Organizational Management.
Enroll in ENCORE Business Builders
Ready to run your business with confidence? Enroll today in ENCORE Business Builders.
Upcoming course launches:
- January 11, 2018 at PCC CLIMB Center, 9am – 12pm | Enroll
Please note to complete your enrollment in ENCORE Business Builders, you will need to register through Portland Community College.
Want more information? Complete the form on this page to get a detailed course outline.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pay for ENCORE Business Builders?
Portland Community College handles all payment. Payment will be due after the first night of class. You will receive information on how to pay in class.
Where and when is ENCORE Business Builders offered?
This program is offered multiple times a year in different locations. To see the upcoming program dates, go to bizcenter.org/PCCevents and click on “Managing a Business.”
Do I have to start with a certain program or take prerequisites?
No. Our programs do not need to be taken in any sequence. You take the programs that are the right fit for you.
Will I earn college credit or a degree for completing ENCORE Business Builders?
No, you will not receive college credit for completing this program.
What is the PCC Small Business Development Center?
The Oregon Small Business Development Center Portland Community College has helped thousands of businesses over the past 30 years. We combine one-on-one advising with programs taught by business experts, giving our clients the resources they need to grow their businesses. We’ve celebrated many successes with our clients. We'd love to celebrate your success.
Have another question?
Please contact Jackie Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 971-722-5080.