Opening a second location? Increasing online store sales? Cultivating a loyal customer base?
Retail Small Business Management gives you the knowledge and support you need to grow and strengthen your business, saving you years of frustration and experimentation.
By the end of the program, graduates typically have:
- A 2-year strategic plan to increase sales and profitability
- In-depth assessment & recommendations to improve inventory management & accounting systems
- Specific recommendations for website search engine optimization
- A marketing strategy and calendar to reach out to new customers and increase repeat business through online and traditional marketing techniques
- Specific capital access strategy to meet growth goals
- Complete employee management system in place
This 10 month, 10-session program meets for 3 hours once per month, and offers up to 20 hours of one-on-one advising for the duration of the course.
- Group learning and networking to discuss challenges, exchange resources, and find solutions with peers.
- 30 hours of business education specifically designed for retail business owners taught by subject matter experts and successful local retailers. Complete the form on this page to get a detailed course outline.
- Session 1: A Strong Brand Attracts Customers & Repeat Business
- Session 2: Analyzing Profitabilit
- Session 3: Online Marketing to Your Target Customers
- Session: 4: Online Sales & Service
- Session 5: Inventory Management
- Session 6: Leading Employees
- Session 7: Let’s Get Visual
- Session 8: Location, Leases, Expansion & Collaboration
- Session 9: Creating a buzz with locals & tourists
- Session 10: Creating Loyal Customers
- Up-to 20 hours of one-on-one advising in confidential monthly meetings.
- Complimentary access to “Before You Go Global,” an online course to help you start selling your products in global markets.
- Access to specialty business advisors with a wide range of expertise.
- Access to market research resources such as Southern Oregon University Market Research Institute, SBDCNet, Reference USA, MarketLink, and Euromonitor.