Are you ready to start getting your recipe on grocery shelves? But you have no idea where to begin?
There are many things to consider when starting a food product business: packaging, labeling, marketing, costs, and more. Imagine starting a food business with confidence, knowing you have thought through all the steps necessary to launch into the marketplace!
Getting Your Recipe to Market is a unique, 12-week intensive program that will help you take your idea to commercial-ready food product.
We've partnered with food industry experts, OSU’s Food Innovation Center, and New Seasons Market to take you step-by-step to produce, promote, and sell your product.
• Introduction to the program
• Market surveys
• Introduction to Cost of Goods Sold (COGS)
• Food science and safety
• Licensing and regulations
• Commercial kitchens
• Commercial Kitchens
• COGS calculator and pricing model
• Social Media
• Branding, Logos, and Labels
• Packing options
• Food Business Law
• Selling at Farmer's Markets
• Selling at New Seasons Market
• Alternative sales channels
• Selling at Local Events
• Food Safety Modernization Act
• Selling at Market of Choice
• Sales Sheets
• Sampling your product
• Preparing for the New Seasons Market Evaluation Night
• Alumni panel
• Preparing for the Time to Market Tradeshow
• Bookkeeping and Managing Inventory
• Practice presentations
• New Seasons Market Evaluation Night
• Time to Market Tradeshow at the Food Innovation Center
• 36 hours of education divided into 12 classes
• One on one advising
• Tuition for the Getting Your Recipe to Market program is $1,995
• A second person from your business can attend for $1,000
• Payment plans are available through PCC
• A Guided Interview is required before registration
How to Enroll in Getting Your Recipe to Market
You must complete a guided interview to ensure the program is a good fit for you. Complete the form on this page to schedule a guided interview.
- Spring 2020 - Contact Us with questions