The PCC CLIMB Center is a proud sponsor of Portland Radio Project's Biz503 show - the new Portland-centric startup and small business talk show on PRP.fm.
Global trade – that’s a subject with deep roots in Portland.
Our city’s economy has long been trade-based – growing from a maritime port to what’s now a transportation hub for the West Coast. We have an array of global markets at our doorsteps, and are always adding more. Currently, international trade supports nearly half a million jobs in our state. And that number is growing.
Tune in this Friday to Biz503, as we broadcast a live show on the topic of global trade. Mark Grimes NedSpace and Cindy Tortorici of The Link will lead a discussion of why international markets are so relevant to Portland – and how the city is working to play an even bigger role in global economies.
And for small businesses looking to grab international attention – this is your chance to learn the ins-and-outs of making that move. We’ll touch on how the Oregon Small Business Development Center Network (OSBDCN) Globe Trade Center can help businesses export their products.
Our guests include:
- David Kohl – State International Trade Liaison of Oregon SBDC Network, Council Member of District Export Council of Oregon and National International Trade Liaison for Professional Development for America’s SBDC
- Amanda Welker – Global Strategies Officer at Business Oregon
- Billie Moser -Vice President of International Tourism at Travel Portland
- Tammy Marquez-Oldham – Director of Portland Community College’s CLIMB SBDC
- Monica Terveer – Relationship Manager at Nossa Familia Coffee